Before going to the construction worksite, you must
- Watch the Pre-Orientation PowerPoint
- Fill out the liability waiver
- Read the Construction & Office Volunteer Handbook
- Take the Safety module "Volunteering on a Habitat Job Site." You will find this module on the Lockton home page: Go to HFH Safety and click on “Begin Now” in the Online Safety Training Courses box, follow the instructions on that page.
Once you have completed all these items, please email Mark Suderman, volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know you have completed all these steps. These steps must be completed prior to your first day on the construction site.
Then you can Sign Up on the Event Calendar for the work day of your choice - just click on that day's event and follow the prompts.
You can also come to the Habitat Office and complete all these items, if you do not have access to a computer or would like help.
Further Construction Safety Training
Volunteers on the Lima Habitat Construction Site may need to take the additional safety modules:
- Ladder Safety
- Fall Safety
- Portable Power Tool Safety
- Scaffolds - Construction
Go to HFH Safety and on the Lockton home page, click on “Begin Now” in the Online Safety Training Courses box, follow the instructions on that page.